- Step 1: Discover a country in abject poverty with one or two assets to its name overseas. Countries whose larger creditors have already agreed to forgive the majority of its debts.
- Step 2: Buy debts incurred by that country’s previous corrupt regimes, from companies to which it owes money, at twenty, thirty cents in the dollar.
- Step 3: Find a country – like Australia – that hasn’t signed up to the World Bank’s Highly Indebted Poor Country initiative, an initiative that limits recovery in such cases to a certain percentage depending on that country’s situation.
- Step 4: Enforce those judgments in, say, Australia, to take those assets from the miserably poor citizens of the original country.
- Step 5: PROFIT.
- Step 6: Live a rich, morally-bankrupt life, never telling friends and family precisely how you made your money.
- Step 7: Spend eternity roasting in hell if there’s any such place.