Inspired by Crikey‘s First Dog On The Moon, it is clearly my duty to post a thread where we can discuss all the terrifying things we’ve heard/made up about the dreaded new CARBON TAX.
Revelations we’ve already seen EXPOSED on Twitter under the #carbontax hashtag:
- The neighbour’s cat pooping under your shrubs will cost YOUR FAMILY an extra $300 a year. But will cost your neighbour NOTHING! (exposer: First Dog)
- And remember, though you will receive a #carbontax credit every time you inhale, you will be slammed for every exhale. Hold your breath! (exposer: Marke Pesce)
- Did you know typos will cost Australian familiies an extra $4000 a year under the carbon tax? Now you do. (exposer: First Dog)
- It will cost every Aussie family an extra $1000 a year in library fines EVEN IF THEY CAN’T READ. (exposer: First Dog)
- Every cent collected by the #carbontax will be spent buying caviar and truffles for drug dealers and murderers in prison. (exposer: me)
- Under a carbontax bread will not only cost eighteen dollars a slice, it will be made from sewage. (exposer: Ben Pobjie)
What have you heard? What would you like us to believe you’ve heard?
Don’t worry – I’m not a carbon tax sceptic.