Isn’t the whole point of a 24 hour news network that you get constant updates on what’s happening? Say an earthquake in NZ.
Been waiting some forty-five minutes now. Had a pointless (and seriously vacuous) interview with Edward de Bono, then some graphics, then some ads, then a pre-recorded NSW Stateline telling us about various NSW issues. Nothing as to actual current news.
For comparison, the present headlines on the ABC News website:
- NZ declares state of emergency after quake
- Homes flood near Ballarat
- Coalition pledges to prioritise detention security
- Sydney-born cleric calls for MP’s beheading
- Scores dead after blast hits Pakistan rally
- Pedestrian struck by ambulance dies
- Wild weather continues to batter SA
But none of it has come up on ABC News 24 while I’ve been watching.
Wasn’t the whole point of a 24 hour news channel so we’d have constant access to breaking stories?
I’m finding twitter a hell of a lot better a source as to what’s going on than this very, very expensive network.