And while we’re on the subject, what the hell is with five year terms of office? Hereditary members of the upper house, voluntary voting, first past the post, single member electorates, massively biased press and five year terms (with the timing at the whim of the incumbent party) – could the UK be any less democratic and still call itself a “democracy” without being laughed at? Even more than it is at present?
- RT @JasonHalle: DONALD TRUMP said that if I voted for Hilary Clinton I'd be stuck with a criminal President under constant federal investig… 5 hours ago
- Ironically, wing nuts don't understand what the word "hypocrisy" means. twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/st… 5 hours ago
- What is this shit twitter.com/australian/sta… 7 hours ago
- "But now NZ's PM will be affected by hormones this is why only men should rule because testosterone famously helps us make great decisions." 7 hours ago
- RT @karenlsweeney: Jacinda Ardern won’t be the first modern PM to give birth while in office. That would be Benazir Bhutto whose eldest dau… 7 hours ago