And while we’re on the subject, what the hell is with five year terms of office? Hereditary members of the upper house, voluntary voting, first past the post, single member electorates, massively biased press and five year terms (with the timing at the whim of the incumbent party) – could the UK be any less democratic and still call itself a “democracy” without being laughed at? Even more than it is at present?
- RT @mitchedgeworth: What kind of person approaches politics, or for that matter life in general, with the phrase "guard against compassion"… 7 hours ago
- RT @Mighty_handful: @jeremysear Not surprising considering that these are the same people that think "virtue signalling" and "do-gooders" a… 7 hours ago
- RT @reddishraven: With, of course, the obvious corollary that deaths at sea are STILL occurring, and now we just don't know about them. htt… 7 hours ago
- RT @thisMattWilson: @jeremysear The boats definitely never stopped coming, mostly from the Bay of Bengal. They're just heading elsewhere n… 7 hours ago
- RT @ScottyFreak: @jeremysear Conservatives have a natural aversion to compassion. For all their purported 'Christian' values, they fail at… 7 hours ago